The beautiful Lake Faak is the fifth largest lake in Carinthia and is located to the south of Villach and the river Drau. The western shore is mostly left in its natural state, surrounded by reeds. It’s a beautiful place to be active or to simply relax! Going on a holiday in Carinthia means having numerous opportunities. You will be surrounded by mountains and lakes, as well as a healthy climate and a fascinating landscape. Swimming in CRYSTAL CLEAR WATER, HIKING, CLIMBING, BIKING, GOLFING, PLAYING TENNIS, SURFING, SAILING, RIDING, DIVING… There are numerous destinations: Castles and palaces, panorama roads and wildlife parks, valleys and canyons, caves and climbing walls…. Experience culture and adventures in Carinthia!
Facts about the Summer
Swimming in crystal clear water
A comfortably warm lake with up to 28 degrees water temperature
A large private beach with loungers and sunshades
Fantastic hiking tours straight from the hotel
Numerous cycling paths for great bike tours in Carinthia
There are more than 10 golf courses in Carinthia. Finkenstein is very close by.
Paragliding, riding, tennis, climbing...
Surfing, sailing, canoeing, rowing, electric boat and pedal boat rides...
The Harley-Davidson-Meeting is a special highlight.
Wonderful hiking in Carinthia – with numerous national parks and Austria’s highest mountains, such as the mountain “Großglockner” with an elevation of 3.798 metres.
Right behind our hotel you can go hiking on the 2.145 m high “Mittagskogel”. You can reach the summit following the posted trail signs by using the via ferrata.
Hiking around Lake Faak is particularly popular. This hiking path offers numerous beautiful spots that will make you want to stay and relax for a while.
A WONDERFUL HIKING DESTINATION
One can find numerous mountains and alps, as well as national parks in Carinthia.
93 out of all mountain peaks are higher than 3.000 metres, the highest one is the mountain “Großglockner” with an elevation of 3.798 metres. However, also lesser elevated mountains and plains are worth being explored.
Of course there is a variety of culinary delights: there are themed hiking trails such as the so-called “Mostwanderweg” at Lake Wörth or in Lavanttal. Those themed hiking tours will definitely make the hiking easier. In the national park Nockberge an almost forgotten medical plant, the valerian spikenard, is going through a renaissance. On paths around St. Oswald one can enjoy the infatuating scent of this plant and one can relax during footbaths with the oil of the mentioned plant in romantic alpine huts.
Cycling & Mountain Biking
Carinthia offers a very dense network of cycle paths, probably the densest in Austria. There are a variety of cycle paths, such as the “Wörthersee-Radweg”, the popular “Drauradweg” or the “Mölltalradweg”. Biking is a perfect activity for the whole family!
Mountain Bike Route
The mountain bike route, which goes around Lake Faak, has a lot to offer: flat and grassy areas, as well as challenging climbs and fast descents through the woods.
Golfing & Riding
ELDORADO OF GOLF AND HORSE RIDING – CARINTHIA
Enjoy horse riding with no boundaries in Carinthia. There are many horse ranches situated around Lake Wörth.
There are numerous golf courses in Carinthia!
This golf course is just a few minutes’ drive away: Leading Golf Course Velden Köstenberg (Nr. 6)
1. Golf Club Drautal Berg The newest golf course in Carinthia is situated between the Gailtaler and the Carnic alps. The flat and mostly wide fairways offer golfers of all abilities the best conditions. www.drautalgolf.at
2. Golf Club Gailtalgolf Carinthia
The newest golf course in Carinthia is situated between the Gailtaler and the Carnic alps. The flat and mostly wide fairways offer golfers of all abilities the best conditions. www.gailtalgolf.eu
3. Golf Club Millstätter See A golf swing with a view of the lake: Surrounded by a picturesque landscape, this golf course offers scenic views on a world of mountains and lakes. www.golf-millstatt.at
4. Golf Club Kaiserburg Bad Kleinkirchheim The golf club in Kaiseburg Bad Kleinkircherheim, which is the highest golf course and was voted “Top of the mountains” in 2005, is surrounded by soft meadows and forests and a panorama of picturesque mountains. www.golfbkk.at
8. Leading Golf Course Klagenfurt Seltenheim This golf course hosts the European Challenge Tour, which is an absolute challenge and nevertheless brings joy to players of all handicaps. www.golf-seltenheim.at
9. Jacques Lemans Golfclub St. Veit Längsee Embedded in the hill landscape of Central Catinthia and located directly next to the lake “Längsee”, one can find the new golf course “Jacques Lemans Golfanlage St. Veit-Längsee”. www.golfstveit.at
10. Golfpark Klopeinersee-Südkärnten Discover the beautiful mountain panorama in Klopein. One can enjoy the view on the mountains “Hochobir”, “Petzen” and “Steiner Alpen” extremely well from the terrace of the 19th hole. www.golfklopein.at
This gathering is full of motorbikes and passion. Carinthia & the European Bike Week: Those two are inseparable.
It is the biggest “Bike-Event” in Europe. It has been taking place in the region of “Faak am See”, a small village with only 8.500 inhabitants, since the year 1998.
It all started with the 95th birthday of Harley Davidson.
“Harley Village” – often simply called “Harley Treffen (=meeting)” – is the centre of the of the European Bike Week.
Harley Davidson and a great atmosphere
The bike festival is surrounded by numerous live bands and live acts. The event always takes place in the beginning of September.
Ausflugsziele & Kultur
Sights in Carinthia
Discover the top destinations in Carinthia. There are numerous mountain railways, the eagle show at castle Landskron, the zoo and castle Rosegg, the viewing tower “Pyramidenkogel”, the castle Hochosterwitz, Minimundus, the Lindworm dragon (“Lindwurm”), the reptile zoo “Happ”, the stalactite caves “Obir- Tropfsteinhöhlen”, national parks and much more.
You can visit more than 100 destinations for free with the Kärnten Card (Carinthia Card).
Zoo and wildlife experiences
Further means of transport
KEKIC KG STRANDHOTEL FAAK
9583 Faak am See
Kärnten | Österreich | Austria
Phone: +43 (0) 4254 2180